Dr. Douglas Hanner
Dr. Hanner was board certified as a Chiropractic Physician in 1995. He later became a board-certified Fellow through the International Academy of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and certified in CranioSacral Therapy (CST) through the Upledger Institute. For over 25 years, his practice concentrated on treating patients for their neuromusculoskeletal health complaints, with a focus on chronic pain.
Through many years of practice, Dr. Hanner became overly aware of the limitations of conventional methods for treating chronic pain and other chronic health concerns. As a response to this, Dr. Hanner began studying Functional (“root cause”) Medicine and now holds the designation of ADAPT Trained Functional Medicine Practitioner from Kresser Institute in Functional Medicine and Ancestral Health. His studies also led him to the body-oriented psychotherapeutic method called Somatic Experiencing (SE). He is currently completing the SE Trauma Institute’s 3-year program to become a certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP).
The root cause of his philosophy for diagnosing and treating chronic health conditions lies in a comprehensive approach that combines both physical and mental-emotional treatment methods. In addition to utilizing these treatments effectively, he also strives to teach patients that their health is dependent on:
- A well-functioning and strong musculoskeletal system
- A balanced autonomic nervous system
- A healthy gut
- A healthy lifestyle
- A supportive network of relationships with family, friends, and health care partners
Dr. Hanner has practiced in Anderson, SC, since 1995. He and his wife, Lisa, along with their son Jordan and daughter Rachel, enjoy living, learning, working, and playing in the Upstate.
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will instruct his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and the cause and prevention of disease.” – Thomas Edison
- Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute
- ADAPT Functional Medicine Practitioner / Kresser Institute
- SomatoEmotional Release Trained Practitioner / Upledger Institute
- Certified in CranioSacral Therapy – 2012 / Upledger Institute
- Board Certified Fellow in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine – 2009 / International Academy of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
- SFMA – Selective Functional Movement Assessment Certified
- McKenzie Trained Practitioner – 1998 / McKenzie Institute
- Board Certified Chiropractic Physician – 1995 / National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Member Association for the Advancement of Restorative Medicine
Take The First Step Today On Your
Do you have questions about our program and starting your path back to health? We are happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Carolina Center for Functional Medicine is right for you.